Concept Refinement

 Concept Refinement 

AS Media Studies 

Lance Trippel 

11/20/20 

 

 

CATEGORY 

DETAILS 

Film OR Magazine 

magazine 

Genre 

Sports 

Target Audience (Be specific) 

 college sports fans 

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) 

My concept is a monthly sports magazine that has athlete interviews and pictures from sporting events and have sections about teams and players only college. 

How did you conceive the idea for this concept? 

I enjoy reading sports magazines and I enjoy playing sports and there aren't any magazines about only college sports. 

What do you believe is unique about your concept? 

I believe that the unique part of my project is that it is only a college sports magazine 

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? 

Because many people are interested in sports and enjoy watching and reading about sports. 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

 

 

 By conference 

 

Many people read magazines on the daily, there are many genres of magazines including sports, nature, travel, food. Magazines are great way to inform yourself of certain topics 

 

I thought my pitch went very well there was feedback from people telling me my pitch and concept was good. That made me feel that I was on the right track. I had feedback saying that I should do my college sports magazine based on the main sport in the season that we are in so fall would be football winter would be basketball and spring baseball. I also had Feedback that I should make the theme of each season on different conference ex. SEC, ACC, BIG Ten, etc. I also had Feedback and people thought that the college athlete interviews would be cool. Overall, my concept and my pitch was well liked by the students in the class.(1) Although competition is becoming more and more fierce, the total number of magazine readers in the U.S. has actually seen a slight increase since 2012. The data supports my concept because sports magazines are always selling because there are always new things to talk about in the sports world. My concept is unique because there aren't many magazines that focus on only college sports  

 

I used the data to justify picking a magazine because magazines are an easier item to sell than movies because of the easiness to sell. However, So much of the bottom in publishing fell out, along with the challenges our bookstores are facing, courses going completely virtual(2). This shows that many bookstores are having trouble selling magazines and books because of the growing virtual reading sites. People can easily access magazines and book from there computer or phone with a few clicks of a button. Overall the main point is that the magazine would be easier to sell than movies because they are quicker and easier to access whether its online or a paper copy. 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production 6 "Formatting"

Creativity and Genre

Magazine Preliminary Layout