Creativity and Genre

 Lance Trippel  

AS Media Studies 

 Creativity is a part of our everyday lives. From what you wear to how you carry yourself to how you write. Everyone does things differently and that is creativity. Creativity is important when embarking on something new in a new field. Creativity can help to make your work stand out and be noticed. People come up with creative ideas in spots where their brains are not working. As it is said in the ted talk most people get their ideas when they are in the shower or riding on their bike or eating dinner, but the main thing was that they never found their creativity at work. Creativity is very important because that is what makes your work different. In the article “An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life.” it says “Taking beautiful risks is, of course, still risky. There are potential costs to oneself and others.” Both the ted talk, and the article talk about taking risks in your life to be more creative like how walt Disney took risks to go outside the box and then his company changed to booming company called Disney. There is a lot of creativity in magazines especially sports magazines. One of the sports magazines I looked at was Sports illustrated. The magazine has a been a staple magazine for years and is the top sports magazine on the market. The magazine has a lot of creativity within it because of the pictures they take and the edits they create. They also are creative with the covers they have because they will have the athletes take cool pictures. They have a general interest of sports. The Masthead on their magazines is almost iconic because of the bold way they are written on the cover and they know the magazine right away. Another magazine is ESPN magazine and this magazine is also a sports magazine. They also have very creative covers and very creative picture sand articles about the athletes.

     The ESPN magazine is a more weekly magazine while the sports illustrated is the monthly magazine which means that the weekly magazine can be more specific. In my magazine I would like to do a sports magazine that has a cover with an athlete in the front. I also want to have articles on the athletes and their stories and about their life. I would also include stories about teams and score and stuff related to that. I need to have a bold front cover because that is something that is very important and a staple point for both magazines, and that is what gets the magazines sold. 

     

    Overall, A sports magazine is what I want to do because sports are what I like to do and I feel that I can make my project better because I play sports and read sports illustrated and ESPN magazine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production 6 "Formatting"

Magazine Preliminary Layout